Application of Nolvadex for men
Men take Nolvadex to maintain muscle mass and prevent the development of gynecomastia (breast growth).
Nolvadex for men is used to treat gynecomastia. The peculiarity of such a drug is that it is neither androgenic nor anabolic. Tamoxifen solo also has an anti-estrogenic effect, which is why experts recommend taking such a remedy in bodybuilding and strength training.
Nolvadex in bodybuilding is useful but it can cause a number of side effects. Every athlete, especially a beginner, should know them.
Due to the anti-estrogenic effect, the following side effects are possible when you take this medicine:
- sudden hot flashes;
- weight gain;
- violation of blood composition;
- unpleasant itching sensations in the perineum;
- hair loss, sometimes in the form of androgenetic alopecia;
- decrease in the severity of sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, in some cases – ejaculation disorders.
- disorders of bone tissue mineralization processes that may contribute to the development of osteoporosis.
The advantage of such a drug for men engaged in sports is that it does not allow the appearance of the “gynec” effect (as gynecomastia is called in the language of bodybuilders). Very rarely, such unpleasant symptoms occur associated with taking Nolvadex:
- dizziness, sometimes quite strong;
- nausea, in some cases aggravated by vomiting;
- an increase in body temperature to subfebrile values, sometimes even higher;
- increased daytime sleepiness;
- accumulation of fluid in the body, leading to swelling;
- increased depression;
- sometimes loss of appetite up to anorexia;
- retrobulbar type neuritis;
- increased fatigue;
- the appearance of a pronounced rash on the skin;
- eye damage (retinopathy);
- opacity of the lens – cataracts.
A side effect can be a decrease in the severity of sexual desire. In very rare cases, patients may experience a violation of the normal function of the liver, the gallbladder. Perhaps the development of cholestasis, acute hepatitis, blurring of consciousness to its loss.
In a healthy man, prolonged use of tamoxifen can be harmful. Use of the substance for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
Nolvadex for gynecomastia
An increase in the size of the pectoral muscles can be caused by various tissues.
If the volume has increased due to subcutaneous fat, the pathology will be false.
And if the volume has increased due to the gland, then it will already be a real enlargement of the mammary gland.
But most often there is a mixed form when the amount of fat and volume of the gland increases at the same time, and here the patient does not always understand what gynecomastia is if the symptoms that have occurred are pathology.
The disease can have several stages:
- Spread of ducts in the chest.
- An increase in the volume of the glands.
- fibrous growth.
It is important to understand what the standard is for the different categories:
- newborns represent about half of all births;
- most young men;
- a quarter of the elderly.
It is important to determine in a timely manner why there are changes in the thyroid gland that are causing the disease. It is necessary to eliminate the manifestations of the disease as soon as possible, as the instability of the hormonal background provokes other pathologies. In older men who do not have problems with obesity, this pathology is not so common and can be caused by more serious causes.
Tamoxifen for gynecomastia in men is prescribed according to a strictly individual scheme. Today, there is not a single developed treatment regimen among physicians with this drug. Men should pay attention to such nuances:
- It is recommended to start treatment at any stage of pathological development. In this case, its effectiveness does not change. To avoid side effects, you should carefully follow all the therapist’s recommendations.
- It can also be prescribed for the prevention of gynecomastia.
- If the disease has already formed, drink this medicine daily. In advanced cases, the dose may be increased slightly and, after achieving the desired effect, reduced.
- The patient is prohibited from independently changing the dose and treatment regimen of drugs to avoid the development of side effects.
Dosage of Nolvadex
Regarding the recommended dose, you should consult an endocrinologist as it is individual for each man. The dose below is an average value.
- Take Nolvadex with a minimum dose of 10 mg per day.
- In the second week, the dose is increased to 20 mg daily.
- One week later, a break is held for 10-14 days.
It is advisable to take Nolvadex with an aromatase inhibitor – this will enhance the effect of the first. A good option is Proviron. It is allowed to take it without, but in this case the effect of tamoxifen will be noticeable after 1-1.5 weeks, not earlier.
Nolvadex has more advantages than disadvantages. It is a fairly calm and harmless substance. But like any medicine, it must be used properly to avoid side effects.
- Exceeding doses causes fever, nausea.
- Large doses adversely affect kidney function.
- Prolonged use damages vision, can make it significantly worse.
If Nolvadex is used wisely and according to the instructions, there will be no complications, it is a very “mild” drug. Athletes in most cases do not violate the rules of admission, and therefore side effects are extremely rare.